Shaving For Girls: 6 Easy Steps
1. Shower or bathe before you shave. Soaking hair and skin in warm water makes it
more than twice as easy to get a clean, close shave.
2. Use gel or shaving cream. This keeps moisture in the hair and helps the razor
glide easily over your skin. Reapply when you retrace your steps to go over an area
again. Never shave on bare skin.
3. Use a fresh blade. Dull blades lead to nicks, cuts, and razor burn. Ouch! Sharp,
new blades give you a closer, smoother, more comfortable shave. Replace your razor
when it shows signs of overuse or when you re no longer getting a clean shave.
4. Easy does it and go with the flow. Always use a light touch with your razor and
don't apply pressure. Wherever you take it off, go in the direction that feels right.
For example, on your lower leg go up from ankle to knee. For other areas, see what
feels and works best to find the direction your hair grows. When shaving your bikini
area, shave in the direction of hair growth first (inward) and against for an extra-close
5. Save the tough stuff for last. Do the easiest parts first, like that long straight
stretch of lower leg or upper thigh. Save smaller, harder to reach spots like knees
and ankles for last. A great razor with a head that swivels makes it easier to move
around small curves. After shaving, rinse with cool water to close your pores. Pat
6. Seal with a kiss. Of moisturizer, that is. Coat the area with a protective layer
of moisture to seal your skin and give it a healthy glow.
Learn about shaving for girls and get helpful tips and tricks at BeingGirl.com.